Aadhar is one of the most important documents in India. Its uses cannot be underrated. Though, this is not mandatory as a clear verdict has been given by the Supreme Court of India. But you must need Aadhar at the time of opening a bank account, claiming an LPG subsidy, and receiving a pension amount. The details in your Aadhar must be correct otherwise you will face trouble in your life. Though at the time of application, the applicant is given the chance to review the data entry, there still exist issues of incorrect information. So, the correction of information is necessary to avoid any future problems. If you do not correct your details, the service provider or agency will not be able to verify you.
Aadhar Enrollment Form
The first step in obtaining an Aadhar card is to fill the enrollment form. There are two methods of doing so. Either you visit any Aadhar center and ask for the form. On the other hand, you can fill out the form online at the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) web portal.
There are 11 form fields on the enrollment form. Some are relevant and compulsory while some fields are optional. You can leave the fields that are not related to you. We will discuss each field in detail below:
- Full name: enter your complete name as it is on your other documents. We suggest that you write your name in capital or uppercase letters so that the data entry officer at the Aadhar center could read your form easily.
- Address – enter your residential address. Make sure you enter the permanent address so that your Acard can be received safely.
- Pre-enrollment id
- Time & enrollment date
- TIN – taxpayer identification number
- Guardian/ father/ mother details
- Signature/ thumb impression of the applicant
- Details of the documents you submitted to support your application
- Information or details of the introducer
How to fill up an Aadhar enrollment form
Step 1: Visit the portal of UIDAI (www.uidai.gov.in). Step 2: From there, download the Aadhaar Enrollment Form.
Step 3: Now open this file & fill out the mandatory field exactly as written on your supportive documents.
Step 3: Please note that if the application is for an infant, then either mother or father has to attach his or her Aadhaar ‘s particular. In law, infants mean an applicant below the age of 5.
Step 4: If you are entering the mobile number, then it will be linked automatically with your Aadhar.
Step 5: Make sure you have entered all the information. Now click the submit option.
Please note that in case you entered any incorrect detail, it is time to quickly act as you have 96 hours to amend any detail free of cost. Otherwise, you have to pay certain fees to the Government.
Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number issued by the UIDAI. As there is huge pressure on the data entry officer, there remains a chance of mistakes in data entry of entering the correct name, mobile number, and date of birth (DOB). Being the main stakeholder, it is your responsibility to double-check the entered data after the data entry officer finishes his or her task. At the time of enrollment, there are no fees associated with Aadhar. However, the subsequent update of Aadhar details charges some fees. One cannot stay with wrong information as you will face several problems in every step of life. You cannot link your PAN and even bank account with Aadhar because data mismatch between records will not enable you to verify your details. So, it is crucial to get these details corrected in the UIDAI (Unique Identification of Authority of India) database. In a nutshell, the following guide is to correct changes in name, mobile number, address and date of birth (DOB), and gender.
There are two methods Online & Offline to update your Aadhaar card details. We will discuss each method below to guide you on how you can achieve your objective:
- Visit SSUP Portal. By SSUP we mean Aadhar Self Service Update Portal.
- In the next step, sign in to SSUP using your 12 digit Aadhaar Number.
- Now in the Data Update Request form field, you have to choose the type of Detail that needs the Updation (such as Address, Name, Mobile Number, Date of Birth, Gender).
- After doing this step, You have to enter the right details on the Data Update Request Page.
- After entering all the correct information, you need to upload your supporting documents such as a Driving Licence, PA Card, Election card, Passport for the purpose of Verification, and after that submit the attached document.
Now it is time to choose your nearest BPO Service Provider. This will enable you to have Your Aadhar card collection just after the finishing of the process.
This is a complete way that you can follow to update your Aadhaar card details online.
This method is good for people that do not have internet access or do not have the necessary skills to operate the computer. Just follow the steps below to apply for the Aadhar correct process.
- Download Aadhar correction online from the UIDAI website.
- Enter the required information. Now, you must have to double-check the entered details so that this time, no mistake happens in the data entry.
- At the top of the page, you have to choose which details you want to update such as Address Change, Name Correction, and DOB Correction.
- Now attach the supporting documents such as Driving Licence, PA Card (Pension Card), Election Card, and Passport.
- Now you have to dispatch these documents to UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) Delhi Headquarter office.