In order to become an official resident of India, you must have to apply for an Aadhar card. It is your identity across India and is a 12 digit unique number. Any Indian resident can apply to get it without paying any fee by submitting the required document. Once you apply for Aadhar at any Aadhar Centre, you have to wait 90 days before the card reaches you. Of course, this is not a good idea to wait such a long period as there are multiple needs of this document at every stage of your life. If you can get it electronically well before your original hard copy document, then this is a real advantage. In this article, we will guide you through the complete process of download the Eaadhar card by enrollment number (EID).
- Visit the official web portal of UIDAI available at https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- You will find the personal detail option, there you have to enter your EID (Enrollment ID). This can be found on the Aadhar enrollment slip which is issued to the applicant at the time of applying for an Aadhar card. EID is a 14 digit number.
- Now, enter your full name in the text field. Make sure you input this as printed on the enrollment slip.
- Input your six-digit area pin code.
- Now enter the Captcha code as shown in the image.
- Now click OTP (One Time Password) button.
- You should get the OTP on your registered mobile number. If your number is not working, then you will not be able to download & validate the Eaadhar.
- If UIDAI has accepted your application, then you should be able to download your Eaadhar. It will be downloaded as Pdf file. You will need Acrobat Reader or any other Pdf file viewer to open the file.
- In order to open this Eaadhar Pdf file, you have to input the first four letters of your name and year of birth. Please note that the first four letters must be written in capital letters. We will explain this with the following examples:
In order to help you get to know your password, we will elaborate this as follows:
- If your name is RAHUL SINGH and your birth year is 1986. Then, your password will be RAHU1986.
- If your name is DIN CHAWLA and your birth year is 1989. Then, your password is DIN1989.
- If your name is P.KUMAR and your birth year is 1996, then your password of the pdf file is P.KUM1996.
- If your name is MON and your birth year is 2012, then the password is MON2012.
By following our above guide, you will be able to open the Eaadhar file. You can take a print and use it at any place. It is equally acceptable as the original Aadhar card. You can do the lamination of the printed Eaadhar so that you can carry this with you and prolong the life of the Eaadhar.