Aadhar is one of the most important documents in India. Its uses cannot be underrated. Though, this is not mandatory as a clear verdict has been given by the Supreme Court of India. But you must need Aadhar at the time of opening a bank account, claiming an LPG subsidy, and receiving a pension amount. The details in your Aadhar must be correct otherwise you will face trouble in your life. Though at the time of application, the applicant is given the chance to review the data entry, there still exist issues of incorrect information. So, the correction of information is necessary to avoid any future problems. If you do not correct your details, the service provider or agency will not be able to verify you.
Aadhar Enrollment Form
The first step in obtaining an Aadhar card is to fill the enrollment form. There are two methods of doing so. Either you visit any Aadhar center and ask for the form. On the other hand, you can fill out the form online at the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) web portal.
There are 11 form fields on the enrollment form. Some are relevant and compulsory while some fields are optional. You can leave the fields that are not related to you. We will discuss each field in detail below:
- Full name: enter your complete name as it is on your other documents. We suggest that you write your name in capital or uppercase letters so that the data entry officer at the Aadhar center could read your form easily.
- Address – enter your residential address. Make sure you enter the permanent address so that your Acard can be received safely.
- Pre-enrollment id
- Time & enrollment date
- TIN – taxpayer identification number
- Guardian/ father/ mother details
- Signature/ thumb impression of the applicant
- Details of the documents you submitted to support your application
- Information or details of the introducer
How to fill up an Aadhar enrollment form
Step 1: Visit the portal of UIDAI (www.uidai.gov.in). Step 2: From there, download the Aadhaar Enrollment Form.
Step 3: Now open this file & fill out the mandatory field exactly as written on your supportive documents.
Step 3: Please note that if the application is for an infant, then either mother or father has to attach his or her Aadhaar ‘s particular. In law, infants mean an applicant below the age of 5.
Step 4: If you are entering the mobile number, then it will be linked automatically with your Aadhar.
Step 5: Make sure you have entered all the information. Now click the submit option.
Please note that in case you entered any incorrect detail, it is time to quickly act as you have 96 hours to amend any detail free of cost. Otherwise, you have to pay certain fees to the Government.