Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number issued by the UIDAI. As there is huge pressure on the data entry officer, there remains a chance of mistakes in data entry of entering the correct name, mobile number, and date of birth (DOB). Being the main stakeholder, it is your responsibility to double-check the entered data after the data entry officer finishes his or her task. At the time of enrollment, there are no fees associated with Aadhar. However, the subsequent update of Aadhar details charges some fees. One cannot stay with wrong information as you will face several problems in every step of life. You cannot link your PAN and even bank account with Aadhar because data mismatch between records will not enable you to verify your details. So, it is crucial to get these details corrected in the UIDAI (Unique Identification of Authority of India) database. In a nutshell, the following guide is to correct changes in name, mobile number, address and date of birth (DOB), and gender.
There are two methods Online & Offline to update your Aadhaar card details. We will discuss each method below to guide you on how you can achieve your objective:
- Visit SSUP Portal. By SSUP we mean Aadhar Self Service Update Portal.
- In the next step, sign in to SSUP using your 12 digit Aadhaar Number.
- Now in the Data Update Request form field, you have to choose the type of Detail that needs the Updation (such as Address, Name, Mobile Number, Date of Birth, Gender).
- After doing this step, You have to enter the right details on the Data Update Request Page.
- After entering all the correct information, you need to upload your supporting documents such as a Driving Licence, PA Card, Election card, Passport for the purpose of Verification, and after that submit the attached document.
Now it is time to choose your nearest BPO Service Provider. This will enable you to have Your Aadhar card collection just after the finishing of the process.
This is a complete way that you can follow to update your Aadhaar card details online.
This method is good for people that do not have internet access or do not have the necessary skills to operate the computer. Just follow the steps below to apply for the Aadhar correct process.
- Download Aadhar correction online from the UIDAI website.
- Enter the required information. Now, you must have to double-check the entered details so that this time, no mistake happens in the data entry.
- At the top of the page, you have to choose which details you want to update such as Address Change, Name Correction, and DOB Correction.
- Now attach the supporting documents such as Driving Licence, PA Card (Pension Card), Election Card, and Passport.
- Now you have to dispatch these documents to UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) Delhi Headquarter office.