Transparency in every part of life is crucial for the success of any nation. If you want to eliminate corruption in each sector of the country, make sure the proper system is in place. The banking system is not the exception. The banking system is the backbone of any economy and as such transactions from financial institutions must be properly authenticated and verified. In this regard, the Indian Government put a high level of importance to control corruption.
Supreme Court also takes corruption and accountability very seriously. In this regard, it ordered all the account holders in various banks to link their bank accounts with Aadhar cards. This is the main topic of our discussion today. We will guide you on how you use SMS, Call, and Internet banking to link your Aadhar number with your bank account.
Link Aadhar card with Bank Account using SMS
You can link your bank account with your Aadhar number via SMS. However, there are very limited numbers of banks that are offering this facility. The command to type in the SMS varies from bank to bank. So, ask your bank before doing this.
- Type a message in this format UID<space>Aadhaar number<space>Account number. After this, send this message to 567676.
- Soon, a confirmation message will arrive on your number that will confirm acceptance of the request.
- The bank system cross-checks the details of your Aadhar with UIDAI.
- If due to some reason, verification is unsuccessful, you’ll be informed about it via SMS. This message will also guide you to visit the nearest State Bank of India branch along with your original Aadhaar card.
Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar Using Call
There are banks that offer an easy option to link Aadhar with your bank through call. The phone number to link Aadhar is different from banks to banks. Here is the simple process that you can follow to do this with ease:
- First of all, make sure that your bank supports Aadhaar seeding over the phone. After that, you need to give a missed call to the number specifically given by the bank.
- You will receive an automatic system-generated call from your bank. Now choose your desired options from the Interactive voice response (IVR).
- Now input your 12 digitAadhaar number using a mobile phone keypad and confirm it.
- Once your details are verified, you will get an SMS message that your Aadhar has been linked with your bank account successfully.
Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar Using Internet Banking
If you have internet access, then this method is the easiest and comfortable process as per the user’s experience. You can do this by using the steps below:
Step 1: Visit the State Bank of India portal and do the login.
Step 2: Login into the SBI using your user name and password.
Step 3: Click on the “Update Aadhaar with Bank accounts(CIF)” inside the My Account part of the page.
Step 4: Now you have to input a profile password for the purpose of Aadhaar Registration
Step 5: On the new page that opens up, you will be required to input the Aadhaar number two times.
Step 6: Now press the “Submit” button.
Step 7: You will see a confirmation message of successful seeding/ linking of your Aadhaar number.