The government has made it mandatory for people to link their Aadhaar with their bank accounts. Banks also have been given the authority to deactivate accounts which are not associated with Aadhaar. The process of connecting your accounts together with Aadhaar could be achieved both offline and online.
Account holders may join Aadhaar with a bank account online as well. This may be achieved either through the aadhar holders cellphone application or through online banking. But to avail the center, the person should be enrolled with the lender to your own service.
Link aadhar card with Bank Account using ATM
Account holders can access the bank’s ATM to link his Aadhaar with the bank accounts. They will have to follow these simple steps to connect Aadhaar with their bank account:
- Swipe your ATM card and enter your PIN
- In the “Services” menu, select the “Registrations” option.
- Now Pick the “Aadhaar Registration” option.
- Choose the account type (savings/current) and enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- Re-Enter the Aadhaar number and click Ok button.
- You’re going to find a confirmation message regarding the effective up to of your Aadhaar along with your banking account.
Link aadhar card with Bank Account using Phone
Many banks offer the facility to seed Aadhaar with the bank accounts through the phone. The steps of different banks differ. Here is how you can do it easily:
- If your bank supports Aadhaar seeding over the telephone, then give a call to the number provided with your bank.
- You will get yourself a call back from the bank where you can select options from the IVR.
- Input your 12 digit Aadhaar number and confirm it.
- You’ll get a text message when your Aadhaar is related with your account.
Link aadhar card with Bank Account using SMS
An account holder may receive his bank accounts linked with Aadhaar through SMS as well. But not all banks offer this facility. Moreover, the SMS format along with the number is different for different banks.
- Sort a message from the arrangement UID<space>Aadhaar number<space>Account number and send it to 567676.
- You will find a confirmation message stating that the seeding request was accepted.
- The lender verifies the details with UIDAI.
- In case your verification is unsuccessful, you’ll find a message requesting to go to the nearest State Bank of India branch along with your initial Aadhaar.
How To Link Aadhaar Via Internet Banking?
Joining a bank account together with the Aadhaar via online is easy. A customer can complete the process by sitting in your home. The steps to complete the process is explained in detail below:
- Log in to the online banking for the account you wish to link with your Aadhaar card.
- Look for your ‘Aadhaar card archiving’ or ‘Insert Aadhaar card’ or similar options.
- Input your Aadhaar details and re-verify the same before clicking ‘Submit’.
- The linking will likely be finished on effective verification of the data supplied.
Aadhar Sedding FAQ regarding Bank Account
- Is there a means to check whether the bank account is linked with Aadhaar?
- Individuals can assess if their Aadhaar card has been linked to their bank accounts by visiting the UIDAI site and clicking on the bank Mapper’ tab.
- If a customer retains multiple bank accounts which are linked to Aadhaar card, then will UIDAI website display details from every bank?
- No. Only the bank account that’s mapped lately will be displayed on the UIDAI website.
- When a client has multiple bank accounts, how do he assess out the Aadhaar and Bank account linking standing?
- UIDAI reveals linking status of just 1 bank. Therefore, customers should assess Aadhaar linking status of multiple banks report from different banks.