In India, Aadhar is your identity everywhere. Wherever you go, you will be asked to provide your Aadhar number. This is a 12 digit unique number and is issued by the Government of India through UIDAI (Unique Identification of India). UIDAI is the organization solely responsible to perform the task of enrolling as many people as possible so that Government can get complete data about its population. According to an estimate, around 75 million people have enrolled since 2008 since the establishment of UIDAI.
If you are enrolling with UIDAI, they will not charge you. You will get your Aadhar card free of cost. However, if there is any mistake in your Aadhar details, then you have to apply for changes. But this time you will have to pay nominal charges. At the time of enrollment, the applicant is issues EID (Enrollment ID) while on subsequent changes, you will be given URN (Unique Request Number).
There are two different Online & Offline procedure to update your Aadhaar details. We will elaborate both these procedure below to help you:
1. Visit SSUP Portal. SSUP is an Aadhar Self Service Update Portal.
2. Now sign in to the SSUP portal with your Aadhaar Number.
3. Now in the Data Update Request, choose the type of Detail that needs the Updation. For example Address, Name, Mobile Number, Date of Birth, Gender.
4. After finishing this step, You have to enter the right information on the Data Update Request Web Page.
5. Once you get finish inputting all the correct data, upload your supporting documents. These include Driving Licence, PA Card, Election card, Passport. The purpose is to Verify, and after that submit the attached document.
In the next step, select the nearest BPO Service, Provider. This is the place from where you will collect your revised card.
1. Download correction online form of Aadhaar from the UIDAI website.
2. Input the corrected data. Make sure you double-check the input details, to avoid any mistake in the data entry.
3. At top of the page, choose which information you want to change such as Address Change, Name Correction, and DOB Correction.
4. Attach the supporting documents. These include Driving Licence, PA Card (Pension Card), Election Card, and Passport.
5. Now deliver these papers to the UIDAI Delhi Headquarter office.
Check Aadhar Card Update Status by URN Number Online
Once you apply for an Aadhar detail update, you will be issued URN (Unique Request Number).
Visit SSUP check the Aadhar status webpage.
Click the Aadhar Update Status link.
Enter ERN number
Input the Captcha code and click the Submit button.
If your update request had been accepted, you can download the Eaadhaar card. If the request is pending, you will have to wait few more days and check again. We are hopeful that you liked our today’s article Check Aadhar Card Update Status by URN Number Online. For the latest news and guide regarding Aadhar, please keep visiting this blog.