Due to the rapid use of Aadhar cards in everyday life, more and more people are applying for Aadhar enrollment. Unlike any other sorts of registration, the enrollment process is very easy and hardly takes more than an hour. But you have to support your application by submitting relevant documents. There is a lot of confusion among people about which documents are necessary and can play a big role in getting your Aadhar application accepted. Please keep in mind that the purpose of supportive documents is to verify the demographic details of the applicant. Demographic details are name, address, mobile number, and gender, etc. In this post, we will discuss a list of approved documents for enrollment purposes.
Documents required for identity proof
Following documents are needed to verify your identity. Please keep in mind that you do not need to submit all documents. Just Xerox copy submission of 2-3 documents are enough to meet the requirement.
- Passport – It is a document that is issued to people of India to travel abroad. It consists of 12 digits and works best to verify your identity.
- The license of arms – For personal protection & safety, you can own an arm. As this is a serious issue, you have to satisfy the license issuing authority about your identity. So, for Aadhar identity verification, this document is equally valid.
- Photo Bank ATM card – Due to advancements in technology, banks are issuing ATM cards with photos. This provides an extra layer of security.
- PAN Card
- CGHS photo card
- Photo credit card
- Ration card
- Voter id card
- Marriage Certificate
- Photo passbook of Kisan
Document required for Date of Birth Proof
- Birth certificate
- Mark sheet issued by Government approved university or educational board
- Birth certificate issued by the Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar
- Pension order regarding payment
Document required for address proof
- Ration card
- Last 3-month electricity bill
- Water & sewerage bill – not older than 3 months
- Credit card statement of latest 3 months
- Insurance policy
- Freedom fighter id card
- NREGS job card
- Kisan card
- Vehicle registration card
In the above paragraphs, you might have noticed that the most common document for every type of verification is the passport. So, we advise you to always keep your passport updated and never let it expire. This single blue color document is very helpful in almost every place. Whether you are in the country or outside the country. However, if you do not have a passport then you can choose any document mentioned above. The list is huge so each of you will definitely have some documents. So, there is no hurdle left to obtain your Aadhar card. So, why you are waiting. Visit your nearest Aadhar center Kendra to apply for enrollment.