Aadhar card is one of the most important documents for identification. Alone, this is enough documentation to prove your identity. In order to foolproof your Aadhar records, UIDAI combines the best in world technology of biometric & iris scan with your Aadhar information. Both your fingerprints and eye scan details are saved in the UIDAI database.
Biometric data is the key and works as the linking point for many other services. For example, if you want a new sim connection, then you can visit the mobile phone connection issuing authority. They will take your biometric and all your data get to pull from the UIDAI (Unique Authority of India) database. By this, you and the mobile operator remain sure that only the right people are using the sim. This helps greatly in controlling corruption and maintaining a peace system in place.
How to Lock and Unlock Aadhar Biometric Online
The process of lock and unlock is not difficult. It is easy to follow and straight forward method to secure your biometric details. You need the Aadhar number and working mobile number that you provided at the time of the Aadhar enrollment process.
- Open UIDAI’s web portal to check the status “lock or unlock”.
- Under the Aadhaar Services portion, choose the “Lock/Unlock Biometrics”.
- Input the 12-digit Aadhaar unique number. Also, input the security code as visible on the image.
- Now hit the Send OTP (One Time Password) button.
- You will receive the OTP on your mobile number registered with UIDAI.
- Now enter the OTP received on your mobile number and press the Login button.
- This action will allow you to lock the biometrics.
- Input the 4-digit security code as visible on the image and press the “Enable” button.
- Your biometrics will get locked. In order to reverse the process, you will have to unlock it.
Unlock Aadhar Biometric
You can also unlock the biometrics information too.
- Enter your Aadhaar number UID. Also, enter the security code as shown in the image.
- Press the “Send OTP” option.
- You will receive the OTP on the mobile number registered with UIDAI.
- Put this OTP in the form field and press the “Login” option.
If you want to temporarily unlock your biometric details, just input the security code. Now press the “Unlock” option.
Your biometrics details will get unlocked for 10 minutes temporarily.
The locking time and date will be displayed after which biometrics will get secured automatically.
Whenever you need not have a lock on your biometric details, you can do so by disabling the lock function indefinitely.
Please note that the Biometric detail lock disabling function is available only via the online web portal.
You can disable the lock, sign in to the UIDAI portal with the Aadhaar number.
- Input the Aadhaar number. Also, input the security code
- Input the security code as shown in the image and then press the “Disable” option.