The government of each country monitors its citizen’s activity very closely. In order to do the monitor the process, it sets up an organization to carry out this task. All we know it is not a simple process and the task to control a large population from one office or location is very complicated. To overcome this issue, the government sets up centers in various locations. These centers provide registration as well as updating services. These are also called the Enrollment Center or Aadhar Card Kendra.
In India like other parts of the world, UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) was established to perform the process of enrollment. Now, people can get the Government enrollment and updating services from the single umbrella of UIDAI.
Functions of Aadhar Kendra
- Provide an easy process to the residents of India for enrollment in UIDAI’s database,
- Evaluating the supporting documents of the applicants,
- Enter the personal information of the applicants at the time of enrollment,
- Take biometric data such as eye scan and fingerprints of applicants
The main objective of setting UIDAI was to enroll as many people with Government as possible. In this regard, UIDAI’s role was to provide full support and guide so that no one can remain unenrolled. One of the main issues people face is that they do not bring the right documents while visiting Aadhar Kendra.
Usually, below papers of legal documents are needed in order to obtain Aadhar Card:
- Indian Passport
- Voter card
- NREGS job card
- PAN card,
- PDS Photocard,
- Ration card
- Arm’s License,
- Photo of Credit card,
- Kisan Photo Passbook,
- CGHS Photo Card
How to apply for an Aadhar card at Aadhar card Kendra
The enrollment process for Aadhar card Kendra is very easy and simple. We have described the process in detail to guide you properly.
- Visit your nearest Aadhar enrollment center.
- Fill out the application form. Please make sure you input the correct spelling and names as appeared on your supporting documents.
- Now submit this form to the data entry officer. He or she will enter your filled data on the screen. It is your responsibility to carefully check the entered data.
- After you are satisfied with the entered data, the data entry officer will submit your record.
- He will direct you to the other officer responsible to take your fingerprints and Iris scan.
- Upon the successful taking of fingerprints and biometric details, you will be issued an EID slip. EID is a proof document that signifies that you have submitted your documents, demographic and biometric details at the Aadhar center. Make sure that no one in the Aadhar Kendra office or outside takes a fee for enrollment. from the Government of India, this is a total free of cost service.
- As an Aadhar card is dispatched to your registered address within 90 days, you can download Eaadhar from the UIDAI official portal. Check out our complete guide in a post here.