Aadhaar number has become the unique id of your identity across India. Due to the rapid use of Aadhar in our daily life, banks are also utilizing the power of this number. The main objective of Aadhar has always been to centralize all the population in one place and in this regard, the Aadhar system is fulfilling all the issues from every angle. That is why it has been declared to link Aadhar with a bank account by the maximum date of 31st March 2021. The Corporation Bank and Canara Bank are two important financial institutions in the country and have a large customer base.
Corporation bank was launched in March 1906 and has a very long history of proven success. It has a huge ATM and branch network across India making it one of the big banks of the country. It has a strong base of customers in every part of India. As per the Government’s directive, it is now helping its customer to link Aadhar card with the corporation bank account. In the lines below, we will guide you through the whole process:
Link Aadhaar Number with Corporation Bank Account – Internet Banking
1. Open the Corporation Bank internet banking using the user ID and password.
2. After successful login, Look for the “Service Request” option.
3. Click on the link titled “Aadhaar Joining with Bank account” option.
4. Now input the 12-digit Aadhaar number and then verify it.
5. Press the submit button to complete this process.
6. Within few days, you will get a confirmation SMS about successful mapping/ linking of your Aadhar with Corporation bank account. You will be communicated about the success process on your registered mobile number associated with UIDAI.
Offline Method – You can also link a corporation bank account with Aadhaar number by physically visiting your branch. This process is good for people who do not have internet access or do not have any knowledge. The process is as follows:
1. Visit the branch where you maintain your bank account.
2. Enter the required data in the application form.
3. Make sure you have a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar along with the passbook.
4. Hand over this form with these two documents to relevant staff in the branch.
5. The bank executive may ask to show the original Aadhaar card. This is for verification purposes.
6. He or she will return the original one after verification. A receipt will also be issued to you in this regard.
7. Within few days, you will get a confirmation SMS about successful mapping/ linking of your Aadhar with Corporation bank account. You will be communicated about the success process on your registered mobile number associated with UIDAI.
Aadhar Seeding with Canara Bank
Canara bank is one of the largest public banks in India and has its headquarter in Bengaluru. The offline method is exactly the same as that of Corporation bank. We will explain the online method in the lines below:
1. Login with your user name and password in your internet banking account.
2. Click the Account that you want to link with Aadhar.
3. Now click the link titled “Services”.
4. From there, you have to choose the “Others” option.
5. Now click on “Update Aadhaar Number”
6. Correctly input your Aadhaar number.
7. Click on the button labeled “Update”
8. Your Aadhaar number will be mapped with the Canara bank account.