Aadhar is an important KYC (Know Your Customer) document and no one can think to live without it. It is a 12 digit number and is unique. The number you have will not be given to another person. So, it is a single source of all your biometric & demographic details. It is issued to every resident of India upon submission of some documents such as PAN card, driving license, and ATM card, etc.
Aadhar is issued to residents of India to 3 months from the date of enrollment. You can visit any Aadhar Centre to apply for the card and there are no charges attached thereto. However, if you want any subsequent change, you have to pay a nominal fee to rectify the details in the UIDAI database.
Once your Aadhar card is ready, you have to verify it otherwise there will be no value of this. The verification process is very simple and straightforward.
How to Verify Aadhar Card Online
Verifying the Aadhar card is necessary. As UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) wants to make the entire process simple and time-saving, the verification process has also been made comfortable. You can do the verification easily via the online method and it will take around hardly 5 minutes.
Follow the steps below to verify your Aadhar card:
- Visit UIDAI official website for Aadhar located at uidai.gov.in
- From the horizontal navigation menu, choose Aadhar Services.
- Now, you have to choose Aadhar Verification on the web page.
- Now, you will be on the page Resident Portal of UIDAI or the Aadhaar Kiosk.
- Then, you have to choose Verify Aadhar option.
- Now, it is time to input your 12 digit Aadhar number in the form field.
- In order to protect your security & privacy, enter the security code as shown in the image or picture.
- Now, click the submit button. You should see your Aadhar name and your details and a message that your record exists in the UIDAI database.
If your Aadhar card is deactivated, then you need to take the following steps to activate & verify:
- Visit the nearby Aadhar enrollment center and provide supporting documents.
- Fill out the Aadhar update form and pay Rs 25.
- Next, you have to provide your biometric details and mobile number. Make sure your mobile number is in working condition and is in use. Biometric details include eye scans and thumb impressions.
- Your data will be updated in the UIDAI database and your Aadhar card will be verified once the authorities approve the details.
Reasons for Aadhar Card Deactivation:
There are multiple reasons for this such as:
- If the applicant’s biometric details have not been saved properly in the UIDAI database.
- If the applicant already owns an Aadhar card and has applied for another. This is against the law and people should not try to fool the UIDAI. Otherwise, you may face several problems for cheating with the Government system.