When you apply for an Aadhar card, you are issued an Enrollment ID (EID) slip that contains information such as EID, your name, address, mobile number, and email address, etc. The EID mentioned on the slip is very important. You can use this number to track your application status. Normally, Aadhaar is delivered to your registered mailing address within 90 days after application. So, it is a long period of time. Instead of waiting for such a long period of time, you can download Eaadhaar from the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) website using this EID. But, it might possible that you lost this slip and in this case, it is not possible to check your application status and download your Eaadhaar card. In this article, we will guide you on how you can download Eaadhar card by name easily.
Download Eaadhar Card By Name
You cannot download an Eaadhaar card without the EID. But if you do not know your EID, then you have to follow the indirect approach as follows:
1. Open UIDAI official web portal this link to get your EID https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
2. Now select EID / UID, as you want to know EID, choose this option.
3. Under the Personal Detail section, enter the full name that you gave at the time of Aadhar enrollment.
4. Enter mobile number and email address in the text form fields. You must enter the same data here that you gave at the time of Aadhaar enrollment.
5. Enter security code in the form filed exactly the same as shown in the image.
6. Now click Send OTP button. You will receive the OTP (One Time Password) on your mobile number.
7. Now, input the OTP on the same page and click the Verify OTP button.
1. Visit the official web website of Unique Identification Authority (UIDAI) located at https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
2. You will find the personal detail area on the page, where you have to input your EID (Aadhar Enrollment ID). You can find your EID from the Aadhar enrollment slip. This is the slip issued to you at the application time for the Aadhar enrollment card process. EID is a 14 digit unique number.
3. Now, you have to input your full name in the text field. Make sure you input this as shown on the EID enrollment slip.
4. Input your six-digit area pin code.
5. Now you have to input security Captcha code as shown in the pic.
6. Now press the OTP (One Time Password) button.
7. You will be having OTP on your registered cell number. If your number is not working, then you will not be able to perform the download & validation tasks.
8. If the Unique Identification Authority of India approved your case, then you will be able to successfully download your electronic version of your Aadhar Card. It will be downloaded to your computer as a Pdf file. Open this file with Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader.
9. In order to open this Pdf file, you have to enter the first 4 letters of your name and year of birth. Please note that the first 4 letters must be written in capital letters.