Aadhar card is an important document that is equally good for identification & address verification. As it is one of the most important documents in India, it is protected with the best system of security & data integrity. This card utilizes the demographic as well as biometric details. That is why it is very hard to make a replica of this card. Nowadays, most of the work has been done online. This creates the need to verify your details electronically. There comes the need for a digital signature that makes it easy to sign the online document. This works as an electronic data point interface. Using this signature, you can tell the online servers that you are the legitimate holder of the Aadhar.
eSignature has the same value as a handwritten signature. One can use the e-signature to digitally sign various documents such as agreements and letters. e-signs are created in an encrypted format.
Aadhar Card eSignature Advantages
There are several benefits or advantages of Aadhar card e-signature, we will discuss a few of them below:
- Privacy – Due to increased cases of stealing people’s information in the past, there was a strong need to foolproof the personal information of the resident. In an effort to improve the privacy of the people, UIDAI introduced e-KYC. After the introduction of e-KYC, only limited information is provided to the agency or service provider. Rests of the information are verified in real-time.
- Convenience – In today’s hectic life, this has become very difficult to visit the Aadhar center physically. Everyone wants comfort in life and less traveling. After the arrival of the novel coronavirus, the whole world saw a difficult time and the lockdown made the situation worst. Still, many countries in the world are under lockdown, in this case, it has become a necessity to use e-signature technology to verify your Aadhar details.
- Flexibility – eSignature is very flexible in nature. Not only it allows convenience to the users, but it is also very flexible when it comes to registration. e-Signature registration can be done through the biometric process as well as the mobile devices. In biometric process registration, iris scan and fingerprints are used for verification. While in mobile phone procedure, OTP (One Time Password) is sent and verification is done accordingly.
Validate eSignature in Aadhar
- In order to validate e-signature through mobile phone, you can download & install the mAadhar app from Google Play Store. Please note that this app only works on mobile phones running Android Version 5 or above.
- Now you will receive the OTP (One Time Password) on your registered mobile phone number.
- Enter this OTP to activate the mAadhar app on your mobile phone.
- On the top corner of the screen, you will see three dots, Click this to create your profile.
- Now you will have to scan the QR code to make sure your demographic details such as name, address, gender, and mobile number, etc are fetched from the UIDAI database.