One of the most crucial documents in India is the Aadhaar card. This is the fundamental document used for verification purposes. It is used to verify the bank account, file income tax and even to claim social rewards offered by the Union Government. UIDAI which is the sole body to enroll and manage the entire Aadhaar system offers multiple ways to update Aadhaar details. You can update photos, addresses, mobile numbers, and biometric using online and offline methods. UIDAI is so vigilant that it keeps updating the nation using its official Twitter account.
During our last visit to the UIDAI official web portal, it came to our notice that UIDAI has discontinued the Aadhaar reprint service. We tried to find out whether it has been done officially or if this is a temporary suspension. To check the official statement, we crawled UIDAI’s official Twitter account and came to the knowledge that this service has been discontinued. Bhavesh Patel who is a resident of the country like us asked the UIDAI using the Twitter commenting system. UIDAI tagged him and clearly answered him that the Order Aadhaar Reprint service has been discontinued officially. In an official tweet, UIDAI also informed people that they can order PVC cards online instead of Aadhaar Reprint Service. Apart from this, they can also take out a print of e-Aadhaar using the official web portal. In our view, this is the best option that is available to you 24/7 and has equal worth as the original aadhar card. E-Aadhaar is an electronic version of the aadhar that you can download from UIDAI’s official web portal. Eaadhar is a pdf file that is protected using a password. It is a combination of your name and date of birth.
The PVC (polyvinyl chloride) Aadhaar card is just like a normal ATM card. You can easily keep it in your wallet and it is a long-lasting card. You do not need to worry about its wear and tear. There are several benefits of PVC Aadhaar card which are as follows:
1. The quality of the card is very good due to the best lamination stuff used.
2. The durability of the card is very good that helps you to easily place the card in your pocket. It will not get damaged even if you keep this in your back pocket.
3. The PVC card is full of security features as it contains Guilloche Pattern, hologram, ghost image &Micro text. These are the modern-day features that provide maximum security of holder’s data. People should understand that UIDAI wants to help them in order to protect their privacy and confidentiality. The step towards the PVC card should be appreciated.
4. It is a weatherproof card and you can easily carry it even if you are going inside the water such as a swimming pool.
5. The authenticity of this card can easily be done offline using a QR code.