Aadhaar is the most important document and is needed at every place. It is a 12 digit unique number. The number allotted to you will not be given to any other person. The Aadhaar system works on two important details. One is demographic details such as name, address, email, mobile number, etc. The other details are biometric details such as fingerprints and iris scans. This makes the whole system very secure and protected. In order to make the system very user-friendly and comfortable, UIDAI introduced mAadhaar. This is a wonderful mobile application that offers 35 services related to Aadhaar at your doorstep. You can easily perform the task just by sitting at home. Aadhar is issued to every resident person even to a newborn.
Newborn Aadhaar card is issued in blue color to make it different from elders and it is called BaalAadhaar. Once the child attains the age of 5, it will get expired automatically. Once the child was born, no biometric is taken. The reason behind this is that human biometric details get changed over time and in children, this is common after five years. That is the reason the Aadhaar card of the child gets invalid. In order to enroll children in Aadhaar, parents have to submit their Aadhaar card and birth certificate if their child. However, a discharge slip from the hospital is also acceptable instead of a birth certificate. After 15 years, new biometric details are taken.
What to do when Aadhaar card of the child gets invalid
It is the responsibility of every parent to get their children enrolled in the Aadhaar system. In order to do this, you have to follow below steps:
1. Book an appointment at ask.uidai.gov.in
2. Now input your mobile phone number or your email address. Make sure you enter the email and mobile number that is in use. These two fields are important that will help you greatly during your entire life.
3. After entering all the demographic details, you have to click the appointment tab. Now you can choose the date as per your need. You can schedule the date as per your needs and requirements.
4. Now you have to visit your nearest Aadhaar center to move ahead and to get enrolled in the system.
5. You must carry essential documents when visiting the Aadhaar center. Normally, you need to carry your parent’s Aadhaar card. Please do not forget to bring your booking reference number. This will help you greatly in treating you conveniently.
6. Your child’s biometric will be taken and linked to the Aadhaar.
7. You will be issued an acknowledgment number once the process gets completed.
8. You can track the status of your application.
9. After the verification, you will receive an SMS notification on your registered mobile phone number.
10. After SMS confirmation, you will receive an Aadhaar card within 60 days.