Previously the Indian government had made this mandatory for the citizens to link their Aadhaar Cards with various other documents and with financial institutions as well. Currently, it has been reported that the IRDA (Infrared Data Association) has made this suggestion that the insured people who are having their insurance policies, should connect their Aadhaar card with their policies. They also issued a notification saying that the insured client should connect their PAN (Permanent Account Number) card as well.
If the person does not connect his/her Aadhaar and PAN(Permanent Account Number) card, the department will prohibit the policies. For reactivation, he/she should link the above-mentioned documents with the policies. The HDFC bank has made a facility for their HDFC insurance clients that they can easily link their accounts with Aadhaar card online.
The steps to link Aadhaar card number with SBI online are as under:
- At first, you have to open the SBI life official website, click on the banner which says “Aadhaar along with PAN”.
- After clicking on the above-mentioned banner, you have to write down your Policy No. Instead of policy no, you can also enter your Customer ID and your birth date. After adding this information you have to enter your security code, then simply click on “submit”
- After adding all the policy information, enter PAN and Aadhaar amount
- After verifying all the information, click on the “Submit” button.
- After completing all the procedure you will be having a confirmation message which says that you have successfully linked your Aadhaar and PAN with your policy.
The above-mentioned steps are for the online banking mode. The SBI has also provided the facility of offline mode for the peoples who are not aware of online or internet banking, so they can also easily link their Aadhaar and PAN with their policy. The following steps are as under:
- First of all, go to the nearest SBI insurance office
- In the office, you will get a form. Complete the form with your Aadhaar and PAN information.
- Along with the form, including the xerox copies of your Aadhaar and PAN cards.
- Give the form to the respective administrator.
- After submitting the form you will receive a confirmation slip. The slip can also be used for the tracing of the Aadhaar linking process.
- You will also receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number
People who are having the HDFC life insurance policy can also link their Aadhaar and PAN easily through online procedure. The steps are as under:
- Open the HDFC life insurance website
- In the given space, fill your policy number, birth date, and the amount of Aadhaar and PAN.
- Carefully read the term and policy, and click on the disclaimer option.
- Simply click on the “submit” button.
- HDFC and UIDAI will verify your Aadhaar and PAN details.
- After the complete verification, your insurance will completely link with your Aadhaar.
- After completing the procedure, you will have a confirmation message on your respective given number.
Now for the people who cannot use the online banking steps can use the offline mode features. The steps are as under:
- Go to the nearest HDFC life department.
- Fill the form with your Aadhaar and PAN info.
- You will be having a confirmation number while submitting the form.
- The confirmation number can also be used for the tracing of your Aadhaar linking process.