The IRCTC portal site allows users to reserve train tickets online from the home. Users may reserve as much as 6 train tickets every month. But when a person links Aadhaar number with all the IRCTC accounts, they could reserve up to 12 tickets monthly (figure may vary).
Customers will have the privilege of booking 12 e-tickets per month by linking their Aadhaar number with IRCTC account. But for booking a max of 6 e-tickets per month, there is not any requirement to carry out the Aadhaar verification procedure. To avail the advantage, consumers should affirm their Aadhaar amount of a minimum of 1 passenger.
Here are the complete steps to link aadhar with IRCTC account.
Steps to Link Aadhaar with IRCTC Account Online
You can follow these simple Measures to Connect your Aadhaar number with IRCTC Accounts:
- Login to your IRCTC accounts using your “User ID” and “Password”
- Now on the main page click on the “Link Your Own Aadhaar” option from the “My Account” section
- After that provide your 12-digit Aadhaar amount and then tick the disclaimer and click on “Send OTP”
- Input the OTP sent to the phone enrolled with Aadhaar
- Your details will be displayed on the monitor once it will verify
- Tick over the disclaimer and click on the “Update” button
Once you complete the above steps your IRCTC account will be successfully linked with your Aadhaar number.
Steps to add passenger details in aadhar card
- Visit the official e-ticketing website of IRCTC which is www.irctc.co.in
- Enter the “User ID” and”password”
- set the cursor on the “Profile Section” and click “Master List”
- Enter the new passenger relevant details like Aadhaar number, sex, date of birth which is given on the Aadhaar Card.
- Proceed to select the”Submit” alternative
Once this process is complete all new passengers which were added will reveal from the ‘Master List’ with a’Pending’ status. Once the confirmation is done, the status will automatically signify as’Verified’.
It is crucial to see that for this use, no OTP verification will be critical. Yet another thing to bear in mind here is that passengers who have been from the master list can also be aadhaar-verified using the ‘Edit’ option.
Steps to book tickets using Aadhaar Verified Master List
IRCTC makes it possible for users to book tickets by directly selecting passenger details out of the Master List.
It conserves an individual of entering passenger details whenever he wishes to book a ticket. Here is how you can pick Aadhaar confirmed passengers from the master listing:
- The first step is to enter travel details and search for the trains
- After that click the “Select passenger out of the Master List” option
- Determined by the passenger particulars already saved in the Master List and click the “Select passengers” option
- Your details will soon be added directly in the booking window and you’ll be able to go with the payment option to booking the ticket.
Once you pay the payment/fees your tickets will be booked and you can download e-tickets. Tickets will also be sent by SMS on your registered mobile number.